1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
3. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
4. If one of you has to win an argument let it be your mate.
5. If you have to criticize, do it lovingly.
6. Neglect the world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. At least once a day trying to say one kind or complimentary thing to your partner.
9. When you have done something wrong be ready to admit it and ask for forgiveness.
10. It takes two to make a quarrel, and the one in the wrong is the one who does the most talking.
One day he is going to stubble across your Instagram page and see that you are doing real well. You received that promotion. You just purchased that new car. He notices that you are smiling just like he remembers you used to do for him. Then he is going to find himself about a hundred and twenty five weeks in on your page and see that you are doing really good. He is going to try to hit you up and your number is going to be changed. He is going to try to email you and that is going to be changed too. Then he is going to show up at your old house but finds out that love doesn’t live there no more and a hater at your job is going to give him your new address and he is going to pop up there. You are going to answer the door. You are going to look at him and say “what are you doing here?” He is going to tell you “I’m here to get you back.” You are going to look him in the eye and say “It’s too late.” He is going to try to push the door open and you are going to have a pregnant stomach. When he looks at your stomach and sees your hand. He will notice that you have a ring on your finger. Your husband is going to call you from the other room. “Babe is everything alright?” You are going to respond “Yeah just an old friend.” Your husband isn’t even going to come out and bother with you because he trusts you. That is when you turn to your ex and say “It’s too late.”
Don’t get it twisted.
Just because I love you doesn’t mean I can’t love you from a far. I can love you far enough from your arms where you can’t hurt me in the process. I don’t have to hate you to leave you. I just have to know that you are not the right person for me. I don’t need that unnecessary hurt in my life.
Are you thinking that love is just enough? I realized that in second grade that I needed more. I need somebody that can communicate, that had kindness, lone suffering, that was patient.
Are you willing to do that? If not, don’t hold on to the fact that I say I love you as a card to say that I am going to put up and tolerate things less than from what i deserve. I don’t have to be right here to love you. UNDERSTAND THAT!